Gone Green

After many different directions, I have decided to take this blog green. In addition to the occasional other news I may pop off on, I will be offering green tips and tricks from myself and the web. I hope you enjoy.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Grocery savings

We all need to save money, because it doesn't grow on trees. Some of the tips I give do not cost money, but they do require a bit of time and research.

Most areas have farmers markets. These are usually a very good place to get good deals on fresh vegetables. Once you establish a relationship with certain ones, you can sometimes get better deals, or they let you come pick it yourself for half price. The gas prices are forcing all farmers more to get their product to market, and to even maintain it. A lot of the smaller ones use farmers markets to unload without the double mark up you get from the big grocery stores. Plus you can talk to them directly and find out what they use fertilizer/pesticide wise, and its a good bet most will not have growth hormones.

Plus local homegrown food taste so yummy!!

Here is a list for East Tennessee markets.

No comments: